03 December, 2012

New Start

It has been over a year since I last updated the blog. At that time I was working out of Boston and had a 3 hour one way commute. Needless to say that combined with a demanding job doesn't make for a lot of time for blogging.

I finished that role about a year ago. It was a good one. Essentially I was running the IT infrastructure and security for a investments team with over $100 Billion in assets. We built out a new data center in the middle of downtown Boston, designed and implmented a new network, completely revamped the security design and implementation of the organization, and changed the financial reporting applications along with the assoicated SoD controls. Not a bad roll for two years.

The time and the stress did take a toll though. So being the masochist that I am, I decided I would de-stress by taking a role running the complete PCI program for a Fortune 100 company.  :)

We got our compliant RoC for one of the business units in May and are days away from the same for the rest of the orgnaization.

So... The restart has begun.

No comments: