18 October, 2006

Mainstream

It was bound to happen.

Troublesome

This is just another indicator that SCADA and DCS security issues are going mainstream.

Those of you have known me over the last eight odd years also know that I am a firm advocate of the need to enumerate and look for vulnerabilities on even SCADA networks. Within that context I am happy when tools become available. Still this indicates that these issues are reaching a clear tipping point as it relates to bad guy target cross section.

I am a big fan of Tenable and long time user of Nessus and my concern is not directed at them.

(I have preferred Core for the last 4 years though. Much more than a vuln Scanner)

My concern is that now the security of obscurity is clearly flying out the window.

It was bound to happen.

No comments: