06 November, 2006

Privacy

A topic close to my heart.

Study

I tend to believe that is now all an illusion though. We never really had it and if we did it disappeared sometime in the late '80s.

If Orwell had just an inkling of the level of scrutiny that currently occurs In the US and UK his head would explode.

One thing that I am not sure about though is the Blue and Green ratings of some of the central EU countries. I suspect they are getting a pass because they have some legislation implying that companies shouldn't snoop. In at least one of those countries I know they have to request permission to leave the country and have to register to do almost everything but breathe. I support that kind of legislation (the anti snooping not the register to breathe one) but property rights have to be upheld as well. Who owns that computer?

Anyway disturbing map.

No comments: